Monday, December 12, 2011

Flights into Destin or near by

Locals: I am trying to fly some poeple into the nearest place to Destin on June 30th or 31st. Any ideas on what location that would be and what airlines have service????



Flights into Destin or near by


American flies direct from Dallas to VPS (Ft Walton Beach-Valparaiso) about 1/2 hour from Destin





You also have NWA - Delta - Continental flying into VPS





If you want you can also try Panama City - about 45- to 1 hour from Destin



Flights into Destin or near by


Not a local . . . We%26#39;re headed to Destin for first time this summer and are flying into Pensacola. I%26#39;m hoping its only about 1 hr drive to Destin.




vadreamer - we are flying into PNS and have for years,,,takes about 1 hour depending upon the time of day. It is an easy drive except through FWB,,,that gets tight.




I would fly on into Ft. Walton (VPS). Generally there is not substancial savings going to PNS or Panama City.





If you need airport transportation, then you can count on about 100.00 each way to either PNS or Panama City. 35.00 from VPS,.





Northwest has the best service, Delta is next, however, try to avoid at all cost a flight operated by ASA, Atlantic Southeastern Airlines. American has a few flights a day from Dallas. Continental a few.




There was about $110 difference per person between flying into PNS and VPS. PNS was cheaper. If I were purchasing just one airfare, I%26#39;d have gone for VPS, but for a family, the cost difference adds up so we chose PNS. JMHO.




correct-PNS has cheaper flights and more available flight times all the way around,,,at least from my end of the world. Out of Texas may be a different story,,Delta has the best options. We rent a car for the week and deals can be had,,it is very economical and I would not want to be in Destin w/out wheels.




Even flying into PNS, I would avoid any fight operated by ASA, Atlantic Southeastern Airlines.





I guarantee your arrival time will be in question. Just make sure you are on a Delta Jet. Those usually come in on time.




I flew to NYC (Laguardia) on Wed and returned on Fri out of PNS. Delta up and US Airways back. PNS is always substantially less than VPS, and I shop very carefully before I book flights.





Also, I drove back from PNS on HWY 98 during rush hour on Fri and it only took a little over an hour. When leaving the airport in PNS make a left on 9th Ave and just stay on it until you hit 98 and follow the signs to FWB/Destin- much faster than taking 110 or I10 to Crestview. The traffic moved along just fine.




JoeMammy, we%26#39;ll be coming from Mobile on I-10. What exit would you take to get to Okaloosa Island? We%26#39;ve taken all of them, but wondering which way you suggest. Thanks




I like 87. Look for the rest area on the north side of I10 and when you see the Blue Angel up in the air you%26#39;ll know it%26#39;s the next exit. It will bring you in on 98 right by the Navarre bridge to the beach. You%26#39;ll then have about 15-20 minutes to Okaloosa Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment