Monday, December 12, 2011

Hog Heaven vs. Woody's

I%26#39;ll be leaving for Daytona in a month!!!



Love southern BBQ but also love Florida seafood.



Seeing as I%26#39;ll probably only fit 1 BBQ restaurant in, I%26#39;d like to know people%26#39;s opinions on these 2 places.



Hog Heaven vs. Woody's


Topics,



To be honest neither were very good in our opinion. I am just being honest. Actually we never have found a really good BBQ place in Fl. Maybe it is because we are used to the excellant BBQ Kansas City has here. You probably know we are famous for that. Perhaps some of the other members know of a better BBQ place they did like. At any rate you can enjoy good seafood while you are there. We enjoy good seafood so much that we had it 5 out of the 10 days we were there last year LOL. There is something about being at the ocean that makes you want it more I think. We will be leaving May 31 so you are right behind me. I can%26#39;t wait, can you? Woowho....



punz



Hog Heaven vs. Woody's


Thanks for your honesty punz,



Maybe we%26#39;ll forgo the BBQ and stick with the seafood like you.



Yes, I%26#39;m sure you have some pretty unbeatable BBQ where you are. You and the Memphis people that is.



Maybe we%26#39;ll have our BBQ in NC on the ride down.(Theirs isn%26#39;t too shabby either).



And no, even though I%26#39;m a first timer, I%26#39;m starting to look foward to it!



Thanks for all your input. I%26#39;m sure you%26#39;ll have a great time!!!




I would compare Woodys to southern BBQ I do not have an opinion of Hog Heaven.





http://www.woodys.com/about_overview.html




While we were in Daytona we tried all 3 BBQ places - Woody%26#39;s, sonny%26#39;s and Dustin%26#39;s - for us Dustin%26#39;s had the best baby back ribs - we ate their 3 times.





As for seafood - generally seafood is not my cup of tea - however I ate Mahi Mahi, grouper and shrimp many times - our favourite was Our Deck down Under - huge portions and good service, also Aunt Catfish had pretty good food - just a little bit more expensive.





Don%26#39;t forget to get to Cow Lick%26#39;s - great ice cream!





Can%26#39;t wait to get back





Susan




We ate at Hog Heaven on our last night in town, and didnt care for it.. From now on, we%26#39;re pretty well convinced that if you%26#39;re not in Memphis or KC, or somewhere really noted for their BBQ, dont even bother.




Thank you all!




ATTENTION T/A FOLKS: Lukes rib shack!!! 2136 s a1a in the winn dixie plaza. its%26#39; been open a couple months and it is a 9/10. i cooked for the miller lite bbq team at memphis in may international bbq cook-off for 7 years and this stuff is GOOD! the neat part is they offer it all: st louis style ribs, texas brisket and southern style pulled pork, sausage etc. trust me, a definite must try. ... dave




Sounds great dbs dave, we will give it a try in July! thanks!




Sounds great DBS,



thanks for the info. Do you ever wonder why good BBQ is always served in a place with the word ';shack'; in the name?

No comments:

Post a Comment