Monday, December 12, 2011

Just returned!

What a hidden secret! This was my first visit to Destin as an adult with my own family. We stayed at the Edgewater Beach Condo (606) until yesterday. I honestly thought I had to travel at least to Hawaii, if not out of the country to enjoy the beautiful water that I saw everyday in Destin. The beaches were fantastic. Water still a little chilly for my taste, but my son had a great time in the sand. I definitely don%26#39;t think Edgewater gets enough credit. The construction next door is almost complete so noise was hardly noticeable. The view is wonderful and the pools were great. My only disappointment was the food. For all of those Floridians, please don%26#39;t be offended by this: I now know that no one can match Louisiana food. Its just not the same. I will give credit to the snow crabs.



My full review: The Back Porch-- don%26#39;t waste your time. The amount of shrimp on my sandwich is less than what falls off our po%26#39;boys!



--Pompano Joe%26#39;s--a little better, The grilled crab legs were really good!



--Louisiana Lagniappe--The best restaraunt we visited. To anyone from the the New Orleans/ Lafayette area, this is the closest you%26#39;ll get. Worth the price.



--Jim %26#39;n%26#39; Nicks BBQ- great cheese biscuits and pulled pork sandwich.



--Poppy%26#39;s -overpriced and weak on flavor and quality



--Fisherman%26#39;s Wharf--great steamed snow crab



I%26#39;m sure that I didn%26#39;t visit many of the hidden secret dining spots, but overrall I found the restaraunts to be very tourist driven. That said, we had a fantastic time. The most relaxing vacation ever!



Just returned!


Glad you had a good time but you did just skim the surface of the better fare. On a side note I was in your town last weekend for Jazz Fest and had great dinners at Dantes Kitchen and Redfish Grill.



Just returned!


Thanks for the report. I thought that the Louisiana Laniappe was closed?




Joe Mammy,



I%26#39;m glad you enjoyed yourself. There are so many great dining choices in NO, you really can%26#39;t go wrong.





LA Lagniappe is definitely open. The stuffed shrimp was excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment