Monday, December 12, 2011

Gulfview Resort or KCB?

We first visited Marathon 2 years ago and loved it! Decided next year must go back. We are trying to decide between staying at Gulfview Resort near Dolphin Research Ctr or renting Duplex in KCB. Any suggestions? I love dolphins but I also like clean places...all the palm trees at Gulfview look attractive--is Key Colony Beach very treed?



Thanks for any help.



Gulfview Resort or KCB?


I think I drove into Gulfview for someone. It looked nice, quaint, small, but well cared for - all in all a nice place. You will only be 5 minutes from Marathon and all it offers.





That being said I%26#39;d do the duplex in KCB.



Gulfview Resort or KCB?


Either will be fine. Nice couple running Gulfview.




Thank you tremendously--decided to go with KCB and now I can%26#39;t wait!! One thing, though, the only site I have found for bicycle rentals mentions cost of $65.00/week, since our teenagers are coming too, will need 4 bikes x 2 weeks--I%26#39;m thinking it might be cheaper to bring our own or buy at Kmart--any suggestions?




I%26#39;ll get back to you on this question. Let me ask around.




KCB%26#39;s a good choice since you have teens with you, but Gulfview is well-maintained, and the owners are awesome.




Try Overseas Outfitters. They are near the Coast Guard in Marathon.





I have it on good authority that the owner is a good guy and will treat you right.





I%26#39;ll confirm that over Memorial Day weekend.




Thanks a lot--you are the best.! ( I think the Keys should pay you a tourism ambassador fee or something...)



BTW--your reply in the KW forum regarding suits and ties to ';class up the place'; was my laugh for the day! lol




Just found the phone numer as well





305-289-1670




If your teenagers have rollerblades have them bring those instead of getting the bikes. It%26#39;s a great place for rollerblading. When we rented bikes we rented thru Key Colony rental office. I thought we paid about $10 a day and there was a discount if you rented for the whole week, I don%26#39;t remember if that was for 1 or 2 bikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment