Saturday, April 3, 2010

cruises to Key West

My husband, myself, our adult daughter and her son will be vacationing on Sanibel Island soon. My husband and daughter are lobbying in favor of taking a day cruise to Key West. I%26#39;m more hesitant. Has anyone here taken one of the day trips to Key West?



cruises to Key West


I have! I have! I have! And it was great! I would, however, recommend staying the night there. You cannot get the true feel of Key West in a few hours. There are plenty of little places within walking distance to where the boat docks and then the accommodations are within walking distance to downtown Key West. I personally recommend staying at the Island City House (www.islandcityhouse.com)





Good luck and have fun!



cruises to Key West


It%26#39;s fun. It doesn%26#39;t cost too much - last advertised at $88. It%26#39;s fairly quick - about 3 1/2 hours. And Key West is a completely different experience from San-Cap. It will make you appreciate the lower key of the barrier islands (pun intended).





I agree overnight is a good idea. But not necessary to enjoy KW and get back to sanity in the same day.




You can also charter a plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment