Thursday, April 1, 2010

Daytona Where / What to do Memorial day weekend

I%26#39;m 24 , male , and going down to Daytona Beach with a friend or two.





Would like to know the best bars , clubs, restaurants and things to do of that nature. Staying at the Daytona Hilton .





If the wildfires are still bad do I need a backup place to go?



Daytona Where / What to do Memorial day weekend


The wildfires are bad right now in south GA and FL, and I-75 and I-10 were closed over the weekend due to the fires being so close to the interstates. You%26#39;d probably have to drive to Macon, hit I-16 to Savannah, the head down I-95 from there to get to Daytona.





That said, there are plenty of places in the Daytona area that are bars, clubs, etc. I don%26#39;t patron them, but there%26#39;s pleny of them.



Daytona Where / What to do Memorial day weekend


Staying at the Hilton will put you right where the most young people are, at the Ocean Walk Shoppes, with bars/restaurants/movies. You can also find bars/nightclubs on Seabreeze and Main Street (both walking distance). Downtown Daytona is a rather small area so you can walk to everything (anything downtown is probably not a mile apart).





Wildfires generally are on the mainland side and they do not jump the river (anyone correct me if I am wrong). Smoke has been an issue but I talked to a friend yesterday and he said the smoke was practically nonexistent yesterday. You will need to check on I-95 conditions. You could exit I-95 and drive down the coast highway (A1A) to escape the fires probably and it would be wonderful drive. You could begin that in Jacksonville.





Have a great time.




There is so much to see and do in Daytona and you are going to love it! The beach itself has a lot of activity going on ias well as the Boardwalk. You can rent surf boards, ATV%26#39;S,bikes, wind sail, katamaran rides, etc on the beach. Plenty of activitty going on right around the Hilton where you are stayiing too. They should have some tourists brochures at the front desk with tons of info for you about dining, what to see and do etc. We like Charlie Horse maybe a mile or so north of the Hilton on A1A left side. Crab legs, steaks, burgers, casual. I hope you come back with a trip report for us. When are you going?



punz




I%26#39;m going during memorial day weekend 27th , 28th, 29th and 30th of May.







I%26#39;m sure i will have a blast , seems like there will be a lot to do everywhere by staying near the ocean walk village area. Just hope the smoke from fires will not be an issue. I%26#39;ll defintely keep an alternate route in mind before I head out due to the possilbe road closures. I might have to take my FJ Cruiser out on the beach as well... I can definitely do a trip report as well...







Thanks for the input,





Josh




Sounds like a plan to cruise the beach with your Cruiser, LOL. We will just miss you, flying down on the 31st. I%26#39;m not too concerned about the fires as I heard things are better and at the beach the ocean breeze helps a lot. I won%26#39;t be back until the 12th but will be looking forward to your report when I do get back. Again, have a blast!



punz

No comments:

Post a Comment