Saturday, April 3, 2010

How Much ???

How much do you think a family of three (7 year old son) with Theme Park Passes already bought could spend on their first trip to Florida? Obviously the good old Visa will also be holidaying with us!





Staying at Quality Inn Plaza on I-Drive if that assists?





How Much ???


Oooooh that%26#39;s a toughie!! It obviously depends on where you%26#39;ll be eating and how many souveniers you plan on buying!





Personally, I%26#39;d get a visa that doesn%26#39;t charge for overseas transactions (I know Nationwide have one) and take as much as you can. Try not to go over budget (maybe set yourself a budget per day for souveneirs and food). If you%26#39;re going to rent a car, don%26#39;t forget to take about $10 in quarters for tolls on the way from the airport.



How Much ???


I think that is an impossible question to answer. It can be done on a budget but it is sooooo hard to resist all the bargains at the shopping outlets malls!



On a budget I would visit the Wallgreens (I think it is) supermarket type place and stock up on snacks so that you don%26#39;t have to buy them in the parks where they will be expensive.



Similily I would try to avoid eating in the parks but wait until you are back on I-Drive where there are quality restaurants galore.



However with the 拢 so strong against the $ everything should feel more reasonable!!!




Thanks hope2pigs - I know it was a long shot but I thought I%26#39;d give it a go!





Thinking of about $2,000.00 and then using the Visa when needed!





My 7 year old already has $300.00 of his own money to spend!




That sounds like a sensible amount. You haven%26#39;t said how long you are going for. We will be spending 8 nights in Orlando (and will have bought most park tickets - spending 5 days in parks) and 8 days in Clearwater. We are taking double what you are but do intend to shop shop shop!!!




Another thought - travellers cheques can be spent just like cash out there so you don%26#39;t need to change them into dollars first. You just sign them and they give you cash in change (just have some id to hand)





Also - it is a good idea to phone your credit card company before you go to let them know you will be using it overseas as they can often pick up on unusual spending and require telephone authorisation - this will save any embarassment in a store!




We are going for 2 weeks!





Hoping to shop also - hence the Visa that I have been really good in getting right down - just to blow while in Florida!!!




How long will you be here I know we come for 2 weeks and budget ourselves $3000 and we bring the 3 kids also and sometimes my nephew but my kids are not ones to say I want ,Iwant so that%26#39;s good.




Hi Pokerolls we are going for two weeks.





Our littlin also isn%26#39;t one to want (famous last words)!

No comments:

Post a Comment