Thursday, April 1, 2010

Reunion Resort or Windsor hills. which is a better choice.

Initally was preaty sure that I was going to book a 4 bedroom house at Windsor Hills. It looked great and I got some really good offers. Then I came across the Reunion Resort and although I think is is lmore expensive it looks like they have a restaurant on site and shuttles to the park and activities for kids which makes the trip even easier. Anyone been to either and have an opinion. We will likely stay for 8 nights and do 2 days at Disney and one at Universal and just relax the rest of the time.



Reunion Resort or Windsor hills. which is a better choice.


I haven%26#39;t been to the Reunion Resort, but I searched it on tripadvisor and it really looks lovely. I%26#39;ve stayed at Windor Hills but by looking at the candid traveler photos of Reunion Resort I would probably stay there. Ok not probably, I know I would stay there. Wished I had known about it when I went on my trip. Not to take anything away from Vista Cay, but my kids would have loved their waterpark. Windsor hills is nice but Reunion Resort looks real nice. If it was me I would do Reunion Resort just because it looks swanky, more glamorous than Windor Hills.



Reunion Resort or Windsor hills. which is a better choice.


Reunion is a Ginn development, so yes it is swanky and expensive. Windsor Hills is not cheap, but offers great value with its location and resort facilities.




Windsor hills isn%26#39;t cheap rather ';inexpensive';.





While Reunion at the current owner or even resort prices, is a flat out bargin.





It%26#39;s like comparing Marriott hotels to a Ritz-Carlton hotel. Both are acceptable but one is superior, absolute 5 stars for Reunion!




I nitally I thought I would go with Reunion as it looks nicer and everyone posted that it was. However, it is more expensive and I just was not sure about what I could and could not use at the resort and extra fees that I think Windsor Hills is more straight forward. Thanks evryone for their advice. I will continue reading the postings for both but I hate indecision. I think I will go see what Reunion lools like when we are in Orlando and maybe book it for another time.




GO FOR REUNION!! We are renting a home in Reunion this fall, and I can%26#39;t wait!! Although Reunion may be more expensive, I think it is definitely worth the extra money! I have looked at both places, and personally, I don%26#39;t think WH can even compare to Reunion.





Reunion has several restaurants inside the resort. There are also five or six pools that all people can use. The newest pool is on top of the roof, about eleven stories up! And then there%26#39;s the waterpark! My kids are looking forward to that the most. You can also rent bikes and golf!! I have never golfed before in my life, but I have read that this has some of the best courses in the country!





What kind of rates are you getting for a home? If you want to contact me through tripadvisor, I can give you the owner%26#39;s name that I am renting from. They have been very easy to deal with! We are paying about $200 per night for a 4 bedroom, 3 1/2 bath brand new home with a private pool.





My suggestion would be to choose Reunion!! If you do check out Reunion, let me know!




Thanks,now I am thinking about Reunion again and will put in some requests and see what kind of prices I get. It does look nicer and I think the kids would love the waterpark. I just wonder if you can walk from one end of the resort to the next or have to take a car. I think they have daily maid service which is nice althought i don%26#39;t know if that applies to the homes or just the condos. I also like the idea of on site restuarants as even though you have a kitchen ,oesn%26#39;t mean I like to cook. Although the grocery stores in the US have such good variety of things.




Because of the size of the resort- (I think it%26#39;s something like ten square miles??), I think you would need to drive to the different areas.



I think maid service is available, but I did not go for that option.




Calisymom thanks for your help. I think after all that I will book Windsor Hills. I really want to stick to budget so I can book 2 days at Disney with 2 charachter meals and one day at Univeral and I think with the slight difference in price between the two resorts I will not be able to at Reunion. i really want to stay on budget so March 2009 I can book a week at in a villa and four nights on a Disney Cruise. What is the feedback regarding Disney cruises. I think they would be amazing especially if you love Disney like myself and my kids.




Why not just do the Disney land/cruise package?




I mentioned that my kids and myself love Disney However my husband could really live a very long time without it. That is why we are staying in a Villa because he definetly does not want to be part of the magic. I may be able to convince him of the cruise as it isn%26#39;t a theme park and their private island is supposed to be amazing. Does any one know if there is a Hampton Inn near the Windsor hill resort? Friends of us are coming to visit us and they like Hampton Inns

No comments:

Post a Comment