Thursday, April 1, 2010

please help

hi folks, 4 days then i%26#39;m off with my family for 3 weeks to sample the delights of Orlando. (1st time )





My only concern.... i%26#39;ve booked 2 rooms at the Ramanda Lakefront on International Drive and read many, many,many bad reviews. It%26#39;s beginning to upset me....





Does anyone have any info on this hotel? please help



please help


Gday mac,



If the Ramada lakefront used to be the MIC lakefront don%26#39;t worry nice hotel great views of wet and wild and congo river golf ther are worse hotels on i-drive.





Haggis



please help


Is there any way you could switch hotels at this point? If you are that concerned I%26#39;d call whom ever you booked with and ask to stay somewhere else. If not stay one night and get a refund from the hotel and book next door or across or down the street. Above all have fun and hopefully all will be just fine. We are never in our room that much on vacation anyway. Too much to see and do. Your kids will love Orlando. Have a wonderful Holiday.




I don%26#39;t know of this hotel but we traveled in March and booked a hotel on Cocoa Beach. After booking there were several bad reviews and I was scared to death of what I had gotten us into. We ended up loving the place and I couldn%26#39;t think of one thing that I could have complained about. There were even some negative reviews about Port Orlean%26#39;s Riverside and the place is beautiful. If you get there and absolutely hate it, do as the other poster said and find a different hotel close by and just relax and enjoy your trip.




Some hotels right near the Ramada Lakeside are Howard Johnson inn intenational drive, holiday inn international drive resort, and Rodeway Inn international. Of the three I would say Rodeway is the best value for your $. Another place to consider is the Days Inn 192 Orlando-Kissimmee. THey are closer to Disney but have shuttles to all the attractions. Hope this helps.




Forget the Days inn on 192. Has really gone downhill since my cousin stayed there in 2000.




Thanx feveryone for the feedback ,





I cannot change hotels at this point, thats why i was concerned about the reviews.





I will wait and see, I was hoping someone on the forum had first hand experience of the hotel.





I%26#39;m sure my children don;t care about the hotel because they will be in ORLANDO having FUN.




Amen to that. Have a great time with your family. Let us know how the trip was when you return.




Hey Mac!



As long as the rooms are clean and safe you will have nothing to worry about given the time you will end up spending in them! You are located right in the heart of all things going on so go enjoy! 1st time? You%26#39;ll love it!



All The Best




My sister stayed there 2 years ago. Said then it was basis but clean enough. She didn%26#39;t use the pool as its very small .she walked across the road and used the Holiday Inn%26#39;s pool they just walked in via towers access not through front door and paid for drinks at the pool bar and everyone got used to their faces and the barman used to have their order ready when he saw them coming( left a good tip first day this may have helped)



I%26#39;m sure you%26#39;ll be too busy to really care about anything other than if its clean .




Two hotel chains to stay away from in Orlando are Ramada and Days Inn which ironically are both part of Cendant.

No comments:

Post a Comment