Sunday, March 28, 2010

Best Western Hibiscus

Hi,





Posted a while back about coming over in September, and the likelihood of getting some good deals on accomodation when I arrive.





I have been digging about a lot, and found that I can get a decent deal on the above hotel if I book now - $415 for 6 nights from Saturday 8th. I like this hotel as it has free car parking which is a major bonus due to the lack in KW in general at various properties.





My question is would this be advisable to go for, or should I risk waiting it out and see if I can better the deal by haggling when I show up in KW?





TIA folks.





Best Western Hibiscus


In my opinion it would be a major mistake to try to ';haggle'; for a hotel room on arrival in Key West. Hotels are frequently sold out way in advance. The Hisbiscus almost always is -as it is one of the best value priced hotels for the money in Key West( at least in our opinion- we have been staying there annually for years.)



If you wait till arrival , you will likely not be accomodated tere at all- or at a higher price than by pre-reservation. Last time we stayed there they apparently had a room left , but were quoting a rate $35 higher than we were paying when someone called in as we were checking in.





The worse alternative than that is no vacancy there at any price ( often happens) and you could end up at a bad but expensive lodging in an inconvenient location.





A frequent poster from Englnd here who likes to stay at Hibiscus found them sold out months ahead of the date she wanted recently. If you can get a room at Hibiscus, I say reserve it ASAP!





That price sound great to me. We will be there in late June and already have had our room booked for months.



Best Western Hibiscus


Lulutoo - many thanks for your experienced insight - exactly the info I needed - I take it you enjoy this hotel?





Looks nothing fancy, but it%26#39;s only where we will be sleeping after all, I don%26#39;t intend spending a lot of time in the room/hotel etc!





Again, thanks very much!





Rob




That sounds like a great deal to me. We are booked there for July 2-6 and are paying more than that because of the holiday.




mooby, book it! that%26#39;s a good rate. Clean hotel, very good management, scooters/bicycles on site, free parking. You won%26#39;t regret it. I can%26#39;t speak to the rooms but the property is nice and you%26#39;re on the quiet end of Duval, but still an easy walk to anywhere.




You got a very good deal for 6 nights. It won%26#39;t get any better than that at the BWH. On my last stay there, I paid around $100 a night and I heard the front desk people quoting $250 a night to drive up inquiries. Hotels in KW don%26#39;t haggle.




My apologies, it was actually for 5 nights - still a good rate I%26#39;m sure.





Have now revised dates as I%26#39;m gonna stay 3 nights in Miami Beach before coming down to KW.





Struggling to find affordability on SoBe however, as that stay will incorporate our anniversary, and would like to stay somewhere classy. The Strand is kinda in the lead at the moment.





Cheers all!




Love the Hibiscus- you can%26#39;t go wrong- very large rooms, with tile floors which help it feel cool in the summer- and if I recall tropical looking furniture with bright flowered bedspreads- bathroom is small but super clean. nice pool area in the center. We keep our car parked and walk everywhere. The only thing a bit deficient is the breakfast- coffee , juice , mainly donuts , bagels etc- cereal as well perhaps- but not high end. and served from a crowded little space near the office. They do provide trays , so we have ours poolside or in our room. Usually just the coffee because across Simonton St is a little convenience store and as part of it there is a walk up window and some patio tables where a Cuban lady cooks breakfast and lunch. We have never tried lunch but have heard it%26#39;s great- for breakfast you can get eggs any style or, as we do, just an order of the most delicious Cuban style toast- buttered and cooked in a press like pannini- it%26#39;s all I ever eat for breakfast! Once you try Cuban toast you will never want anything else! Hope you enjoy your self as much as we do every year!




Mooby, for about $80/night I would absolutely book the Hibiscus, no second thoughts. A friend and I stayed there last year and it%26#39;s a perfectly good hotel, large rooms and clean, nice little pool in the center, and like you said free parking. It%26#39;s on the one far end of town, but in my mind it was never really a problem because you do a ton of walking in Key West anyway and that%26#39;s half the fun. Great breakfast at Camille%26#39;s is right nearby, and honestly, the rate you%26#39;re getting is fabulous. Go for it!




While I have no experience with BW Hibiscus, from all I%26#39;ve read that is a good price.





Please keep in mind that the Atlantic hurricane season peaks mid-September, and you may find yourself enjoying the wind and rain, and evacuation, of a tropical cyclone.





Knowing that, would it deter me? Nah.





Just be aware...and c%26#39;mon, let%26#39;s have a beer.




Mooby - I%26#39;m going to try to talk you out of South Beach and into Ft. Lauderdale as your stopover to the Keys. I don%26#39;t know your age demographic, but to me South Beach is an area full of air headed young model wannabes and people glued to their cell phones. I think the hotels are quite overpriced and very pretentious. Unless things like overpriced designer bottled water and hip hop music are part of your lifestyle, I would so think you%26#39;d do better price wise in Ft. Lauderdale- traffic is better too. There is a small Best Western on Fort Lauderdale beach as well. Best Western Ocaenside , that many Brit travelers just love, and I%26#39;ll bet you would save a bundle. Why don%26#39;t you take a look at it ? Same Ocean as South beach- the people are a whole lot more ';real.';


  • oily skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment