Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Mai-Kai Reataurant

Has anyone been to this restaurant? If you have, what do you think of it? Thanks



Mai-Kai Reataurant


From what I have heard from locals it imay be worth a trip for a pre-dinner special occasion cocktail.





Dinner is a different story, not worth the cost. I suppose it is cheaper than a trip to Hawaii.



Mai-Kai Reataurant


I agree with Pat- good ( but expensive) drinks in the Molakai Bar there- they do have a 2/1 Happy Hour in the bar. I find the food very overpriced for what you get- and they do like to cram in bus tours for their dinner show.- which is even pricier. We celebrate special occasions with drinks there- food elsewhere. It used to be a ';must do'; more years ago than I can estimate - but I would say not at all the case lately.




Great place! But there are alot of other restaurants to choose from with better food. With that said, the bar is nice and they have rum barrels which are good but if you are a vodka drinker like me get the rainbow barrel. Great show and decent food... I have been there 30 times and when I havent gone in a year or so these days I find someone to go with because I like it.




I am afraid to think of how many special occasions my Family has celebrated at the Mai Kai. When we were kids the Gardens seemed like Polynesia! Nowdays we go for drinks and appetizers once every yr or two, definitely nostalgia! It feels like stepping back into the 60s in South Florida. The food is o.k. not memorable! The experience is a fun one which I hope sticks around for a while longer! Kind of a Ft Lauderdale institution!


  • oily skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment