Sunday, March 28, 2010

Hoping this is my final draft! What do you think?

Please keep in mind that I chose the day for each park and then made eating reservations accordingly, all before I discovered this forum. I chose most parks according to which day had morning extra magic hours. I now know thats a no, no. But I don%26#39;t want to change my dining plans this late in the game so I%26#39;ll just have to deal with it.





Wed June 20th - arrive around 10:30 - register and head for MGM



eat at Sci-Fi for dinner.





Thur - MK breakfast with Cinderella





Fri - Blizzard Beach during the day and Disney Quest at night - Dinner at Planet Hollywood





Sat - AK - breakfast at Boma - Typhoon lagoon late afternoon and evening





Sun - Epcot - Chef Mickey%26#39;s for dinner





Mon - Coco Beach





Tues - Free day to go back and do whatever we missed or wanted to do again.





All evenings are left open to do whatever park we want. We have the park hopper. I wanted to leave some freedom in our plan. Suggestions for which night to do the different night shows? Is it o.k. to go to a park with night magic hours or should we avoid those parks also?



Hoping this is my final draft! What do you think?


Concerning the evening Extra Magic Hours, you must have a colored ';arm band'; to participate in the EMH activities and rides, and only those with valid Disney resort keys can get the arm bands (they are given out beginning in the late afternoon by cast members at various locations in the park).





There will definitely be more folks around in the evening hours for the parks having evening EMH, so if you can park hop to another park on those nights, you might find fewer crowds.





Also, are you aware that Boma is at the A.K. lodge and not at the A.K. theme park? Just want to make sure you know you%26#39;ll have to either drive or get bus transport to the A.K. park after your breakfast at Boma.





Sounds like a good plan for the most part; hope you have a great time.



Hoping this is my final draft! What do you think?


Last time I went to TL it shut by 6pm I think. Don%26#39;t know how late it%26#39;s open in June, so I would do BB that day as it is next to AK, and do TL the day you do disneyquest. You%26#39;ll save time that way.




I did realize that we will have to drive to AK after breakfast. It will be a short drive though. I have read that AK will only take 1/2 a day so I planned TL for the second half of the day because that is the day it has Extra magic hours. If I avoid the evening EXM will I be losing a lot of time? How late are the parks normally open?




No fear about ';losing time'; in the evenings. By the time of your arrival in Orlando, most of the parks will be open later anyway. Here%26#39;s the hours posted for June on the Disney website.





Magic Kingdom is open until 11:00 PM.



Epcot is open until 9:00 PM.



Animal Kingdom is open until 8:00 PM.



MGM Studios is open until 10:00 PM.





Typhoon Lagoon is only open until 7:00 PM when you%26#39;ll be there.



Blizzard Beach is also only open until 7:00 PM.




So would it make sense to go to the night show at Epcot on EMH night and then go to MK and MGM on non-EMH nights since they are open late anyway? Is there much to do at Animal Kingdom late in the evening?




animal kingdom closes around 7pm ( maybe earlier), as they need to tend to the animals




When Animal Kingdom has the later evening EMH nights, none of the real animal attractions are open; only the rides and the mechanical shows.





Here%26#39;s the list of attractions open at Animal Kingdom during evening EMH:





DINOSAUR, Expedition Everest, Festival of the Lion King, It%26#39;s Tough to be a Bug, Kali River Rapids, Primeval Whirl, TriceraTop Spin

No comments:

Post a Comment