Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Sections of 1-10 and I-75 closed for fires (Mon 5/14)

If you are traveling anytime soon in FL you should check the road closures on the FL Highway Patrol site:





http://www.fhp.state.fl.us/





And you can really smell smoke in Destin this morning.



Sections of 1-10 and I-75 closed for fires (Mon 5/14)


If it%26#39;s any consolation the haziness has cleared and the smokey smell has either dissipated or I%26#39;ve gotten used to it as it%26#39;s not currently noticable in Destin proper.





Check out this current map- it looks like the entire state is on fire!





www.fl-dof.com/wildfire2007/wildfire_map.html





I tried to check the Highway Patrol site for updates but the site is down- probably overloaded the servers- or maybe on fire.



Sections of 1-10 and I-75 closed for fires (Mon 5/14)


I still smell it in Crystal Beach, but it is not as strong as this morning.





Tuffy said we must be getting the smoke from the Georgia fires. Fire department has been cruising around, but no fires in Destin.




Oh my GOD! Joe, thanks for posting that map. The entire state is on fire!





I see one marker noted as ';other incident';. I wonder if that is the fire they ruled as Arson in Ft. Walton??




Here, I was able to get on FHP site. Here is a link to the road conditions.





http://www.eoconline.org/EM_Live/roadstat.nsf




Great info on that site, Semco.




weather.com/newscenter/topstories/050407_fla…





You can call 511 in Florida to get real time travel conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment