Sunday, March 28, 2010

Canaveral National Seashore

If I want to visit the Canaveral National Seashore,



is there any major difference between the north and south districts in terms of what%26#39;s there?



I%26#39;m not really looking to spend a day there, but while visiting Kennedy Space Center, I%26#39;d like to visit this place as well, if the southern district is the part to visit to see a natural beach setting.



Any input?



Canaveral National Seashore


I have not been on the beach at the north part of CCNS. Only the visitor center and hiking trail. I have stopped by the south side to see the beach. There were quite a few people on the beach, so don%26#39;t expect it to be isolated. On the south side there are several parking lots along the road with restrooms. You park then take the steps over the dunes to the beach. Not far at all.





If you are going to Cape Kennedy it would make the most sense to visit the south side. Do visit the Merrit Island Wildlife Refuge Center which is on the way to the National Seashore. It doesn%26#39;t take too much of your time.





If you go to the the north entrance you will have to go back to New Smryna and take A1A south.



Canaveral National Seashore


I have been to the north part of the Seashore and it is the most beautiful place. I have wonderful photos. It is isolated, few people and it feels like your own private beach. I want to go again!




I agree about the north side. Closer to Daytona and not that many people.




Very good-thanks again folks!


  • oily skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment