Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Italian restaurant on Siesta?

I know I am supposedly a local expert, but I have never eaten at the little Italian restaurant that people have mentioned here, and raved about, and now I can%26#39;t find the name of it...



SRQ girl? anyone?



Italian restaurant on Siesta?


Hi, Lem,



Well, there are a few. Cafe Gabbiano%26#39;s is one and Bella Roma is another. They%26#39;re both on Ocean Blvd.



A real jewel is in Venice (on the island). It is called Luna Ristorante.



It is family owned and wonderful food. (cash no credit cards)



phone 412-9898.



Broccolini%26#39;s in Gulf Gate is supposed to be good too.



~SRQgirl



Italian restaurant on Siesta?


Ca Vol has had some posts recently raving about Bella Roma. Maybe that%26#39;s the one you%26#39;re thinking about.




yup---bella roma was the one. but we are going to try petrella%26#39;s instead for mother%26#39;s day--the new tapas place on 41 near gulfgate....




I%26#39;ll be curious to learn what you think about it! Where on 41 is it, south or north of Gulf Gate? Near the Brazilian place that Ca Vol found?




Petrella%26#39;s is north of Stickney Pt. Rd on the east side of US 41.



(It is in the old Fish Tales Restaurant site). (The Brazilian place is further down on the opposite side of 41)



They spent a fortune on remodeling both the interior and the exterior of Petrella%26#39;s.



The food was good, with a nice Italian wine list and martinis.



Service was excellent.



~SRQgirl




BELLA ROMA, yes. Make reservations.





I highly recommend their ';Antipasti Plate';. My husband ordered it and I asked him, ';What comes on it?'; He had no idea. I%26#39;m usually not into that kind of food (olives and such), but the antipasti plate had great stuff on it, including two different kinds of quiche! It was our appetizer but could easily be a meal. My husband even agreed that it was a lot of food, and you know how much men can eat! :)





Order their specials as your main course. They are great. The bread, however, is the best part. I don%26#39;t usually eat out of bread baskets because I hate butter and it%26#39;s just dry and bland, but their three kinds of bread are AWESOME! The foccacia was my favorite.





Their homemade desserts are also fantastic. Cannolis and Tiramisu...yumm!!!





I highly recommend Bella Roma, and my husband and I are VERY picky.





By the way, Petrella%26#39;s Wine Bar is Spanish Tapas food, not Italian food, so you really can%26#39;t compare the two places.




ca vol--



petrella%26#39;s website calls it italian tapas, but i know what you mean--tapas is a bit different, although their menu did look mighty italian....



going tomorrow with my mommy (and husband and son).






Lem,



Have a wonderful Mothers Day.



Have a carafe of wine!



~SRQ




Let us know how ';fancy'; it is. Their website looked like it was an upscale place. We would like to go but in our blue jeans or shorts...:)




Petrellas is very elegant inside. As I said, they spent a lot of money on remodeling. The bar area is also a great place for martinis and the Petrellas pizza.



~SRQgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment