Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Deep Sea Party Boat advice needed

Can someone recommend a deep sea fishing party boat (not a charter, but one of those 40-50 person boats that costs ~ $50 for a half-day trip)? I%26#39;ve done a bit of research and have seen the Sweet Jody and Swoop I and II. Are there others I should consider? Are they all pretty much the same?





Also, I%26#39;m thinking of bringing my two nephews (ages 6 and 9 I think). From any of your experiences, would children that age enjoy a 6 hour trip? Would they be able to handle the fishing gear / realing in the fish?





Thanks for any advice; I can%26#39;t wait for the trip!



Deep Sea Party Boat advice needed


We did the Swoop (not sure if it%26#39;s 1 or 2) and it was fine. All the party boats are about the same. It%26#39;s not a private charter but it%26#39;ll do. The 6 year old might find it tedious. Not sure a 6 year old (or even a 9 year old) can handle 6 hours on a boat. Does the 9 year old fish now? If not, he could get bored pretty quickly.



As far as the fishing gear goes, it%26#39;s all baitcasting stuff and I seriously doubt he could handle it. My advice for you is to bring your own equipment since their stuff is very heavy duty and well worn.





An alternative would be the fishing pier on Okaloosa island. It%26#39;s much cheaper and if the kids get fidgety, you can always bail out.



Deep Sea Party Boat advice needed


I have always used Moody%26#39;s and think they are great for party boat fishing.


  • oily skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment