Wednesday, March 31, 2010

romantic disney

Any suggestions on good ';grown up'; Disney evening activities for newlyweds? My hubbie and I are going at the end of May (for a 3 night trip), and I am trying to plan us a great time. He%26#39;s never been to Disney World. I%26#39;ve been many times, but have not STAYED there many times. I grew up close to Orlando, so I made lots of day trips, but I want some ideas for nighttime activities mostly. Also, we don%26#39;t know where we%26#39;re staying yet. Trying to find a place that is reasonable (approx $100/nt) but also has a good ambiance. It doesn%26#39;t have to be in the park perimeter... I%26#39;m thinking of booking on hotwire, and just chancing what we get.





Any and all suggestions would be great! Particularly from people who may have honeymooned there......



romantic disney


Pleasure Island, Downtown Disney. It rocks.



romantic disney


I would have to agree with previous post, Pleasure Island and Downtown Disney.




For dinner....try California Grill in the Contemporary Hotel !



Gorgeous view, great food....they dim the lights, add music and you can view the fireworks over Cinderella%26#39;s Castle while you eat.



Can%26#39;t get much more romantic !



Be sure to ask for a window seat...although most are good.




I rec the above ideas, plus add watching the fireworks from the beach at the Polynesian hotel (even if you%26#39;re not staying there). I usually do the DTD and pleasure Island thing.




Thanks y%26#39;all. I%26#39;m familiar with Downtown Disney, but never been to Pleasure Island. I%26#39;ve only eaten at Wolfgang Puck in DTD. We may go there to eat, but I was looking for other must sees in that area. I heard that Pleasure Island is now 18+, so we might not go there. I love the Polynesian Resort idea. We used to stay there when I was a little girl. It would be nice to go back.... :-)





Any other good ideas?




Make a reservation at Victoria %26amp; Albert%26#39;s at The Grand Floridian. Pricey but an absolutely wonderful experience. After the meal you can then walk along the beach and watch Wishes.




Yay Woz! Love this idea! Sounds right up our alley. :-) We%26#39;re definitely going to do this. Thanks!




I second the California Grill. We had a window table. It was delightful %26amp; delicious. Hurry...make your reservations!

No comments:

Post a Comment