Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Disney Newbie Advice

Hello, my daughter and I are going to Disney the first week of June and will have a 3 day pass for any of the 4 Disney Parks. My daughter is 10 but is 5%26#39;5 so there shouldn%26#39;t be any height restrictions!



We%26#39;re staying about 10 miles from Disney at Oak Plantation Resort.



1. Will I need a rental car and if so is it easier to park at the Disney parks or take a shuttle?



2. What is a fast pass? Any tips on making the most of our time at the parks?



3. Which of the parks are the best?





Any advice I could get would be great!



Disney Newbie Advice


1) Hire a car - much better than relying on Disney transportation.





2) Fast Pass allow you to go on a ride in a separate queue. You use your entrance tickets to get the fastpass at the front of the ride and it gives you a time to return - you don%26#39;t need to queue for ages this way.





3) My favs are Magic Kingdom - just for Disney atmosphere and Epcot. I also love Tower of Terror and Rockin%26#39; Roller Coaster at MGM.





Have a great holiday! I%26#39;ll be there then too :)



Disney Newbie Advice


There will be heavy crowds during the first week of June, but with that said, here%26#39;s a plan for tackling the parks:





You want to avoid the EMH days, since you are not a Disney resort guest, so avoid these parks on these days:





Magic Kingdom--do not go on Sun, Tues, Thur, or Fri (try Wed)





Epcot--do not go on Sun, Tues, Thur (try Mon)





Animal Kingdom--do not go on Mon, Wed, Fri (try Tues)





MGM Studios--do not go on Mon, Wed, Fri (try Thur)




I%26#39;m a big believer in having a good touring plan - it really will save a lot of time wasted in long lines. I%26#39;ve used the Unofficial Guide to WDW, www.tourguidemike.com, and www.buildabettermousetrip.com





Does Oak Plantation Resort offer a shuttle? If so - what is the daily rate? You might do just as well to rent a car.

No comments:

Post a Comment