Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Romantic dinner

While we expect to spend most of our time sliding up to the bar for a bite and a couple of cold ones, what are the suggestion for one quiet romantic dinner for me and my better half?



Romantic dinner


Square One would be my #1 suggestion. Great atmosphere and great food. I%26#39;ve never had bad food or service there. You can have a look at their website:





http://www.squareonerestaurant.com/





Check out the restaurants TA pages for reviews of other places. Other places I can recommend are Alice%26#39;s, La Trattoria, Opera, Martin%26#39;s (when he decides to open), Michael%26#39;s



Romantic dinner


I%26#39;ve only been to key west for a day once. My 2nd trip is coming in June. On a previous post someone mentioned Little palm island. It looked very $$$ but incredibly romantic with tables and candle light on the beach.




Ken, we don%26#39;t know your tastes or budget. Here%26#39;s a thought----



since we have SO many restaurants packed into a tiny space, it%26#39;s quite easy to menu-shop while you%26#39;re doing other things, just pull your bicycles or whatever over and look at the outside menu, make a mental note of your favorite, and surprise your bride with your choice, making her think you knew what you were doing the whole time. You look like a champ, she%26#39;s impressed, and you go home happy!




keywesttaxi, I do all the planning. It%26#39;s always nice to be pleasantly surprised. nice




The Grand. Make sure you ask to be seated inside. You will be tempted to sit outside , but trust me. Inside The Grand is ( IMHO ) the most romantic dinner in Key West.




Depends how much you want to spend. Little Palm Island is great and is the place we like to go for that ';special'; dinner but it%26#39;s expensive.




I don%26#39;t think I%26#39;ve seen a post about The Grand up until now...is this a new place, something not quite discovered yet, or what?




Are you referring to the dining room at the Doubletree Grand Resort?




This place is on Duval across from The Hard Rock. I think it use to be a Kellys spin off. Its good but not what I would consider for a romantic dinner, IMHO. If you can swing it I would suggest Little Palm Island. There is nothing like it.




Is Louie%26#39;s Backyard not what it used to be or even there? It%26#39;s been nearly 10 years, but %26#39;back in the day%26#39;, that was a spot we really enjoyed. It had top notch food and romantic atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment