Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Fun Happy Hour in Key Largo

I know this is a long shot but is there anywhere I can go for happy hour to drink a good frozen Rum Runner, eat some shrimp and listen to a steel drum band outside that will also allow kids? Any restaurants in Largo or Islamorada have that type of atmosphere (on the water)? I wanna hear some carribean music and sit outside but be able to bring my teenage son so he can hear a live steel drum band. Or should I head to Key West %26amp; hit Duval for that?



Fun Happy Hour in Key Largo


I would suggest Holiday Isle in Islamorada. It is a motel/bar right on the ocean with a beach, food, and on the weekends they have live music. And you don%26#39;t have to stay overnight to go there. It does get crazy crowded on weekends though.



Fun Happy Hour in Key Largo


Marriott (Breezers) Key Largo. Breezers bar at the Marriott is family friendly. They have typical chicken wings, as I recall $4 for 10. Beer %26amp; well drinks are reduced prices during happy hour. It%26#39;s right on the bay.





Snooks Bayside Key Largo. Snooks is a family friendly restaurant. Happy hour during the week is 5-7 pm. Weeekend is 4-6pm. Shrimp are 40¢ each, 8 piece minimum. Well drinks %26amp; beers are 2 for 1. Right on the water, so you see a spectacular sunset.




Forgot to add that Snooks has live music every evening, though not a steel band. I have heard a steel band once ever at Breezers.





Duval Street? Teens are not permitted in many of the bars and few are on the water. Schooner Wharf Bar and the others at the marina are on the water. Have NEVER heard a steel band in Key West.





This is Jimmy Buffett territory! This isn%26#39;t Jamaica.




Jimmy Buffet has steel drum%26#39;s in his songs you know....... It%26#39;s not just a Jamaica thang....... Last time I was in Key West I saw a great steel drum band, that%26#39;s why I was asking. Figured maybe some family friendly restaurant in Largo would have the same thing. :)





Not looking for a BAR as I would never try to take my son there - just an outdoor restaurant type atmosphere.





Cheers! Going next month - can%26#39;t wait!!




I%26#39;m pretty much a non-drinker, so we would have the same tastes! We also love to sit outside and have some lite fare as we listen to live music and enjoy a sunset. I almost forgot Conch Republic Seafood Company in KW. It%26#39;s on the marina, has decent food and live music. They have tended to hustle me to free up the table both times I have been there.





In KL, we are at Snooks nearly every evening. It is next door to Bayside Motel (now a Cay Clubs Resort). Snooks has its own dock, plenty of outdoor tables and lite fare as well as music every evening. It%26#39;s a restaurant with a bar.





Sundowners in KL is also right on the water and a great restaurant, but, they don%26#39;t spring for any entertainment. That%26#39;s a sad part of many Keys places - if they have a great location, they feel they don%26#39;t need to spend for the entertainment to draw folks in.


  • oily skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment