Saturday, March 27, 2010

Fort Lauderdale nicest hotel and beach front

Hi,





I am 50 years old and would like to take my Mom (77 years old) to Fort Lauderdale. I want this to be a nice vacation for her. I plan to rent a car. My requirements are a nice hotel (I need a minifridge for her insulin since she is diabetic) and I would like it to be beachfront (if possible) with a nice large tropical pool. Also elevators. My Mom has arthritis so not too much walking if possible. As well, I want the beach to have water that is shallow at first...so you can walk in to your knees and gradually go deeper. Am I dreaming of such a place. Or do you have any suggestions with my wish list perhaps in Hollywood or Miami.





Thanks so much.





I will check the forum for any suggestions.



Fort Lauderdale nicest hotel and beach front


The Atlantic has good rates on Expedia and Sheraton may have



senior rates for this very nice hotel which meets all your requirements although parking is about 37 bucks. I found



this hotel nicer than the new Hilton and all other hotels.



Truly a five star hotel. The Sheraton Yankee Trader has



a bigger pool and you can request a refrigerator. Don%26#39;t know



anything about the new very delux St Regis other than it



may cost double the Atlantic. If you get a good rate and can



live with high parking cost, you will feel that you have



gone to heaven at the Atlantic, especially if they upgrade



you to Oceanview with balcony which they tend to do if



you join Sheraton Preferred Customer.



Fort Lauderdale nicest hotel and beach front


Check out Lago Mar or Harbor Beach Marriott as well- both directly on the Ocean , while Atlantic ( also quite nice) is across A1A. Pelican Grande wouldbe another ';right on the sand'; accomodation.. Our beach is gentle and shallow- very senior friendly IMHO. A





Hope you find the right spot. All I%26#39;ve mentioned should have at least a small fridge in the room- a few accomodations have more than that.




The new St. Regis - Fort Lauderdale just opened a few weeks ago and it is one of the nicest hotels around. If you dont mind the price (around $400) it is surely the nicest place to stay, and right across from the beach.




I%26#39;m sure St. Regis is absolutely lovely, but once again, across the street from the beach- which may make it not ideal for an elderly mother with limited mobility. Most of our hotels are across the street from the beach, because it is City owned, but Lago Mar, Marriott Harbor Beach, Sheraton Yankee Clipper ( one building across the street, however) , Best Western Oceanside and Pelican Grande are all on the east side of the street- however they managed that. If you want to get on the beach without having to cross the road, I think those are the only choices ( or have I missed one?). Sheraton Yankee Trader does have a elevated walkway across, but I think you may have to use stairs to get there ( not certain though, can%26#39;t remember ever using it)

No comments:

Post a Comment